Monday, October 20, 2008

Once upon a time

I got into the mortgage business about 3 years ago with a company called World Savings. World Savings was the father of the Option ARM loan (practically a swear word today), and was doing quite well before they got bought out by Wachovia at the height of the housing boom. It's no wonder that Wachovia is no longer in business today. They bought World Savings at the absolute worst time when home prices were peaking. About a month ago they were rescued by Wells Fargo, one of the few remaining banks with a strong balance sheet still. World Savings had its issues and there's no question that they did some loans for people that had no business buying a home, but I will always hold a special place in my heart for World Savings because of the people that I worked with and because they gave me my start in the mortgage industry.

No comments: